Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Old Dutch International Antique Embossed Canisters

Old Dutch International Antique Embossed Canisters

These attractive, antique-finished canisters bring the warmth of days gone by to any kitchen décor. Available in four sizes--four-quart, two-quart, one-and-a-half-quart, and one-quart--they're perfect for storing everything from cookies and treats to bulk staples like sugar and flour. Each copper-colored canister is beautifully hand-embossed with grapes and scrolling vines. Snug-fitting lids echo this harvest motif. Each canister has a single, easy-to-grasp knob.

Review at amazon.com:
I just received these canisters today and was a bit let down because they appear to be quality item online, unfortunately, to my dismay they are certainly not! They are unlined and constructed of thin copper, however, I only need them to fill some space on a large counter top. They look great with my "Giallo" coffee tone granite and I only paid approximately $48.00 with shipping from Target so I will keep them for now.
More importantly, I am not a champion baker, so I DO NOT recommend these to anyone who wishes to store baking items such as flour, sugar, coffee etc. as they are impossible to open and feel much like a tin can than a functional canister set. I am, however, won over by their appearance so they will reduced to "super models" for my counter top.
Find more info about this kind of antique at this website

No comments:

Post a Comment